Agent Release - 2020-1
(May 29th, 2020)
Agent Release 2020-1 (base agent version 5362) contains numerous feature and stability enhancements. Specifically, this release contains SNMPv3 support for Switches and IoT devices, more robustness capabilities for Firmware Updates and more direct support for adding self-recording Mobotix cameras to your configuration.
In addition, this agent update includes updates to various VMS drivers and fixes to issues encountered in previous releases and updates that are outlined below.
In this release, we have now added full support for SNMPv3 switches and IoT devices in addition to SNMPv2. Viakoo agents can support either protocol depending on how you configure each device in the CA Console.
Multi-Add and CSV Import Across All Device Types
Agents now support Multi-Add for all device types, from new RA’s, to switches, to IoT Devices in a consistent way. Aside from a common look and feel, Multi-Add pages come with a way importing entries through a CSV file. The format for importing through a CSV is provided on each page as a template you can export.
Mobotix Camera Support
New in this release-level of agents, Mobotix devices that are not configured into a VMS but are self recording to internal or externally mounted storage can be added into your site configuration through the CA console. Prior releases required these devices to be added into the configuration through the installation of a special file in the intended Reader Agent (ViakooRA). The new approach is easier and more consistent with other device configuration in your site.
Unfortunately, sites with Mobotix devices configured in the old way will need to be reconfigured through the ViakooCA console using this new approach. Work with your Viakoo support representative to manage the migration process to new agents for your site.
Additionally, the latest agents allow for multiple devices to have a common IP address but unique ports. This is useful for sites without a local server to host a ViakooRA but merely a single firewall gateway with Network Address Translation access to the collection of devices.
For more information about setting up Mobotix devices in your configuration, refer to the Activating Standalone Mobotix Cameras.
“Agent Cancelled” Firmware Upgrades
This level of agents now have much more robustness with respect to failures that might disrupt firmware upgrade jobs. For example, if the server reboots in the middle of the agent processing a firmware upgrade job, some of the cameras in the job may have already started an upgrade, while others are still in progress. In the past, these situations may have caused upgrade jobs to hang in a pending state that could not be cancelled.
With the current level of agents, they now handle more situations where Firmware jobs may get interrupted, building in recovery or at least fail-safe mechanisms. For example, if the agent can’t tell where it might have left off the job item before the reboot, it will cancel the job item to be on the safe side. If the upgrade had actually initiated successfully before the reboot, the cloud will see the subsequent successful upgrade and correct the status.
The agent will also cancel a job item for other reasons such as if it detects a corrupted firmware file or other issue.
The job item in these events will display a cancelled symbol with the revert status color (orange). Hover over the “cancel” icon or navigate to the device to inspect the event stream to determine what the agent experienced to cancel the job item.
Miscellaneous Fixes and Improvements
- Upgrading to the latest agents from agents earlier than agent version 5042 may lose credentials for applications or devices. If this happens, you will need to re-enter these from the CA console.
- Agents now fully support IPv6 networks
- Using the latest agents, IoT PING devices now properly indicate offline status and open tickets appropriately.
- VPU no longer drops to zero whenever the ViakooRA reboots.
- Agents now detect when Access Control or VMS applications are installed in locations other than the system partition on Windows (i.e., installed in locations other than the C: drive).
- Issues affecting camera configuration collection on Linux platforms has now been corrected.
- Simultaneous Firmware Upgrade Jobs that use the same file (e.g., two sets of cameras of the same model family), now properly work and no longer hang.
- Agents now properly prune leading spaces in OID items and categories. In the past, this could lead to situations where IoT devices would not get their data effectively processed.
- Firmware Upgrade now works even in situations where FAST ALERT polling has been disabled.
- Agent log files no longer take up excessive amounts of space.
- Issues affecting missing storage have now been fixed.
- Issues that caused ViakooRA to stop reporting on Linux systems has been fixed.
- This version of agents now support up to version 5 of MaxPro VMS.
- This version of agents now support up to Milestone 2020 r1
- A single RA is no longer limited to just 53 IoT devices.
- A single site that has multiple sub-networks of cameras where more than one device is using the same IP Address can now be supported. However, this requires Viakoo Support to disable failover detection for this site. If you have this situation, it is important to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to adjust your configuration. Otherwise, your results are likely to be unpredictable.
- Agents now, more comprehensively identify device manufacturers.
- Issues affecting detecting all video streams on Linux servershas been corrected.
If you have any questions, comments, bug reports, or suggestions, please reach out to us through the live-chat feature or contact us at email@example.com.
We love hearing from you!
1 (855) 585-3400