Viakoo Release Notes 2.22
(August 12th, 2019)
Viakoo Release 2.22 is an incremental step forward for the Viakoo Service that primarily focuses on scalability improvements. Customers may not notice the improvements unless their infrastructure exceeds 100,000 devices or more.
In addition to this improvement, Viakoo Release 2.22 include better support for Linux customers, corrections for the Notification System and numerous other improvements.
For more information, please read below for details.
Improved Linux Support
In June of 2019, we release formal support of Linux. While this was primarily a release involving the agents, there were some small structures. Specifically, this was in the form of some server information being presented from a Windows centric perspective. Refer to our interoperability page to determine whether your configuration is supported.
Useful links relevant to Linux support:
- Interoperability Page
- How to install agents on a Linux server
- Where to go for the latest Linux agent installers
Fixes to Notification System
Release 2.22 fixes numerous problems in the notification system related to Maintenance Mode, Members and other things. These were significant enough to be enumerated:
- Maintenance Mode - When an administrative user sets a site to “Maintenance Mode,” they are not suppose to get alert emails or push notifications for any problem related to that site while Maintenance Mode is turned on. This now works correctly for all categories of tickets.
- Member Tickets - Users with the role “Member” only see tickets they were assigned. Correspondingly, they no longer receive alert notifications for tickets that they are assigned, conditioned based on their personal notification settings.
- When a user takes an action like “Accept” a ticket, they no longer receive alert emails or push notifications for the action they just took.
- Custom Notifications no longer override these other constraints.
- Resetting your top-level custom notifications no longer blocks your ability to set custom notifications.
Miscellaneous Fixes and Improvements
- Retention Report graphics now display correctly.
- Details tab no longer displays Linux Operating System Versions as “Windows Version”
- In the Performance tab, when changing performance types, the Y-axis now correctly reflects the type of the chosen performance plot.
- Server deletion now is working as expected.
- List events for a server in the Events tab now works properly.
- Successful Upgrade Counts get remembered even if infrastructure gets deleted.
If you have any questions, comments, bug reports, or suggestions, please reach out to us through the live-chat feature or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We love hearing from you!
1 (855) 585-3400