Viakoo Release Notes 2.10
(August 24th, 2016)
Viakoo Release 2.10 is an update and an incremental step forward for the Viakoo Service. The most significant improvements are associated with exposing a new Custom Performance Thresholds which allow users to create and modify thresholds to create their own tickets or adjust the default alerting behavior of Viakoo.
Additionally, Release 2.10 includes more bug fixes and performance enhancements. For more information, please read below for details.
Custom Performance Thresholds
Viakoo Release 2.10, STAFF-level users and above, can now define thresholds or modify existing thresholds for their environments to get the alerting behavior they would like from the Viakoo service. This complements the full, built-in diagnostic system with an ability to select any performance value and create a condition. The condition, if TRUE, will cause a Viakoo ticket to open at the chosen priority level. This gives users a powerful way to leverage and customize their Viakoo service to fit their needs.
A threshold uses the following parameters to create a condition, which is evaluated to determine when to open threshold ticket:
- A Performance Type for which the threshold is being defined,
- A Value which is the value of the threshold,
- A Relation Operator to compare the Performance Measure against the Threshold Value,
- A length of Time, which is how long the expression needs to be TRUE before opening a ticket,
- A Priority to give the threshold tickets,
- Whether to Auto Close the ticket when the threshold expression is no longer TRUE. Otherwise, users have to Manually close the ticket,
- A Message to include in the event list associated with each ticket.
There is also a navigation context associated with the threshold. Thresholds are defined and managed in the “Threshold” section of the “Admin” tab in your Viakoo dashboard. Thresholds only create tickets within the location (i.e., “navigation context”) that they are defined. A navigation context can be at a Company-, Region-, Site- or even a Server-level.
For more information about Custom Thresholds, Creating and Using them, checkout the article on Custom Thresholds in the Viakoo Help Center.
Miscellaneous Fixes and Improvements
- The “Go Anywhere” navigation ( icon in upper left), now has scrolling for long lists of infrastructure.
- Modifying or Removing a Host (Server) is now done from the “Admin” tab and is no longer done from an “Edit” button on the Details tab.
- Errors that occurred when navigating between Hosts and Sites from various tabs (i.e., the Admin or Performance tabs) have been corrected.
- In adding comments to tickets, past comments now display properly.
- Logging back in after getting logged out will now fully restore your last view.
- In the performance tab, the switch port selector now properly includes IP addresses and names of the device(s) connected to that port.
- User change events (for example change in the priority of a camera) are now captured and can be viewed in the Events tab.
- VIEWING_STATIONS will no longer open tickets for CRITICAL_VMS_PROCESS failures.
- VPU rollups at companies with VIEWING_STATIONS are now calculated properly.
- All events associated with resolving a ticket are now included in the associated tickets event history.
- Added greater refinement to some host offline tickets.
- The Tickets tab now remembers what direction you had sorted the ticket list (not just by which attribute) when you go “back” to TICKETS from the browser “Back” mechanism.
If you have any questions, comments, bug reports, or suggestions, please reach out to us through the live-chat feature or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We love hearing from you!
1 (855) 585-3400