As part of making Viakoo easy and efficient to use, we've given users the ability to selectively hide and show information. This section focuses on controls associate with tabular oriented displays such as camera tables or disk drive tables that are then shown in a vertical arrangement with other tables depending on the context in the Details tab.
Tables have the following controls:
- The ability to Expand or Collapse tables in the view
- The ability to filter tables to rows that match an entered string
- The ability to download exported CSV files of any table
- The ability to edit Settings tables and configuration values
- The ability to Show or Hide individual columns for a table
- The ability to change various fields of objects individually or in bulk
- The ability to remove an object from a table
As there are several tables that show up in the Details tab, we have included the ability to expand or collapse each one. This allows you to hide the tables you are not currently interested in while viewing the specific tables you care about.
Moreover, there are now Expand All and Collapse All buttons for each Details view. Look for the pair of “+” & “-” buttons just above the left-hand corner of the first table on the page:
Clicking on the “+” button will expand all the tables on the current view, and the “-” button collapses. Take the example of the Details tab of a typical recording server. If we click "-", we collapse all the tables as follows:
Clicking on a single table header such as the "Video Management Software" expands or collapses just that one table in the view as follows:
Clicking on the "+" expands all the tables in the view.
Individual Table Controls
Each table in the Details tab has the following set of controls:
- - Page Selector control appears whenever there are more rows in the table than defined by the "Entries per Page". Beyond indicating which page you might be on, it is a control that allows you to navigate forward or backward a page, or click to get directly to a specific page.
- - Entries per Page control tells you the current setting for the number of entries per table. Clicking on "10" tile, redraws the table showing only 10 entries per page. Clicking on "25" tile, redraws the table showing 25 entries per page, and so on.
- - Filter control, when clicked, reveals a text entry box. Entering a string in this box will reduce the table to just those entries that have a matching string.
- - Export to CSV control allows you to download the associated table in a spreadsheet file format (comma-separated-values).
- - Settings control puts you in the mode to modify the table. More controls reveal themselves until you click the Settings icon again to exit this mode.
Clicking on the (Settings) icon once, reveals several additional controls:
- Show/Hide Columns controls to adjust what table columns are shown or hidden
- Batch Change controls which provide a mechanism to change or delete numerous devices at once.
- Individual Device controls which allow direct editing / deleting of a single object.
- Batch Device selectors which allow you to choose one or more devices to apply batch changes to
Each table has an ability to show or hide each column. To change what is getting displayed, click on the "Show/Hide Columns" text at the top of the table. This reveals a selection table that allows you to hide or show any column in the table. Once you've selected the columns you would like to see, click "Save Preferences" button to preserve these choices for every time you display this table. You can have different selections for each device table. Your preferences are also saved for choices on Device Report.
In this way, you can prune the view of tables to focus on the fields that are most useful to you.
A similar mechanism on table exports to CSV files allows you to choose only those columns you want to export from the table.