Viakoo reads a great deal of data from the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) This service in Windows provides any program with information about the performance of hardware, software and Windows itself. This is stored by windows in a database. If the database becomes corrupt Viakoo will stop displaying a great deal of performance data, because we cannot read it from the WMI database. This happens fairly frequently.
The following procedure should be run during a declared maintenance window. It may cause recording to stop on the server.
HOW TO FIX IT (reset the WMI database):
- Open a microsoft powershell window
- Type the following commands and press enter after each command
- net stop winmgmt
- ren c:\windows\system32\wbem\repository c:\windows\system32\wbem\repository_old
- net start winmgmt
- cd c:\windows\system32\wbem
- lodctr /r
- Check and make sure all services are running. A reboot is not required at this point, but it is the fastest way to assure that all services restart.
After 25 minutes you should now see the missing performance items.
If you are unable to see the performance items you are looking for please contact Viakoo support for assistance.